Road Closings, Parking and Other Logistics Outlined for TD Bank Beach to Beacon 10K on August 6
CAPE ELIZABETH, Maine – Race organizers have outlined parking, road closings and race week events leading up to the Aug. 6 TD Bank Beach to Beacon 10K.
Runners are encouraged to arrive by 6:30 a.m. to avoid heavy traffic. Roadside parking is not allowed. Race officials also ask that no walkers, joggers, spectators or bicyclists be on the road along the course after 8 a.m. as the roads must be clear for the event.
On race day, the following roads will be closed to traffic (except shuttle buses):
- Route 77, Sprague Hall to Kettle Cove Road will be closed from 6 to 10 a.m.
- Route 77, Kettle Cove Road to Old Ocean House Road, closed from 7:30 to 10 a.m.
- Crescent Beach State Park will be closed from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m.
- Route 77, at Hillway, closed 7:30 to 10 a.m.
- Old Ocean House Road (all) closed 7:30 to 10 a.m.
- Shore Road (all) from Key Bank to Fort Williams, closed 7:30 to 11 a.m.
- Scott Dyer Road (eastbound) closed 6:45 to 8 a.m.
- All of Fowler Road will be closed from 7:15 to 10 a.m.
Runner T-shirt and Bib pick up
Registration and B-tag and t-shirt pickup for confirmed runners will take place at Cape Elizabeth High School on Thursday, Aug. 4 from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Friday, Aug. 5, from 2:30 to 8 p.m. Runners will receive disposable B-tags, which are worn on their bib to record their time for the race. Registration features an Expo of products and services provided by a variety of vendors, including the Nike Reuse-a-Shoe program where runners can donate their old running shoes to be recycled.
Runner Drop Off on Race Morning
Runner drop off is at the Gull Crest Fields parking lot a half mile from the intersection of Spurwink Road and Route 77. Look for flaggers to direct you. Runners are required to be at the start line by 7:30 a.m.
Runner parking near the start line will be provided at the Sprague Fields located at Fowler and Ram Island Farm roads. Parking for runners also is available at Cape Elizabeth’s high school and middle school on a first-come basis. Runners will then be shuttled from the parking lots to the start between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. Please look for signs providing directions. Carpooling and shuttling is recommended.
For the second year, satellite parking and shuttle bus services to the start line will be provided from two locations outside Cape Elizabeth – parking lots at South Portland High School, 737 Highland Ave., and the Hannaford corporate offices, 145 Pleasant Hill Road in Scarborough. Shuttle buses will run from these locations to the Start from 6:30 to 7:15 a.m., and return to these locations by bus from Fort Williams after the race.
There is no parking for runners at Fort Williams as parking there is restricted to media, sponsors, staff and spectators who are advised to carpool and to arrive prior to 7:15 a.m. since Shore Road closes at 7:30 a.m. Entrance to the Fort from South Portland, however, will remain open throughout the morning. Shuttle buses will operate from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. to take runners and others back to the start area, school parking lots and satellite locations.
Other important info:
- Kids Fun Run – The Kids Fun Run will take place at 6 p.m. Aug. 5 at the Soccer Field at Fort Williams. The races will be run in heats, according to age. If it rains, check the website at b2bdevelopment.wpengine.com for updates and a decision will be made by 4 p.m. Registration and packet pick up for the kid’s race will take place from 4 to 8 p.m. during race registration at Cape Elizabeth High School and also on Friday, Aug. 5 near the Soccer Field at Fort Williams.
- Awards Ceremony – The formal awards ceremony on race day will begin promptly at 10 a.m. at Fort Williams at the top of flagpole hill.
- Race Beneficiary – This year’s race beneficiary is Day One ( www.day-one.org ), a non-profit agency providing substance abuse prevention, intervention, treatment, and aftercare programs for Maine youth. The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, will provide a cash donation of $30,000 to the organization, which will also benefit from fundraising activities and publicity through its association with the race.
The 14th annual TD Bank Beach to Beacon 10K Road Race will host a race day field of 6,000, including many of the top world-class runners as well as the best in Maine and New England. TD Bank is the title sponsor of the race founded by Joan Benoit Samuelson, the 1984 Olympic gold medalist and Maine’s most recognizable athlete.In addition to TD Bank, the title sponsor, other major corporate partners this year include Hannaford, Poland Spring, MaineHealth, Fairchild Semiconductor, Nike, Northeast Delta Dental, Wright Express and WCSH6. For additional information about the race, visit b2bdevelopment.wpengine.com, and find the TD Beach to Beacon on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About The TD Charitable Foundation
The TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank ®, one of the 10 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. Since its inception in 2002, the Foundation has distributed over $199 million and more than 19,400 grants through donations to local nonprofits from Maine to Florida. More information on the TD Charitable Foundation, including the online grant application, is available at TDBank.com.
About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank ®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of the Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 9 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at more than 1,200 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In management services through TD Wealth ®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
# # #