In an effort to protect the health and safety of the staff, participants, and volunteers, and in line with CDC guidance, we require proof of a complete course of COVID vaccination at least 14 days prior to August 4, the first day of Packet Pickup. We have partnered with Bindle to verify proof of vaccination. The Bindle app is safe, secure, and available free of charge.
Bindle safeguards COVID-19 vaccination records and test results in a secure, blockchain data locker, keeping personal health and identity information strictly private and anonymous. Based on the entrance criteria of the space the individual is seeking to enter, Bindle will produce an anonymous entry pass, where no personal health information is shared. Bindle can be used to not only participate in the TD Beach to Beacon, but also enter museums, concert halls, restaurants, and live entertainment venues across America.
Setting up and using the Bindle app is simple.
2. Create an account using one of the two options: “Auto Import” by uploading an existing vaccine QR code or “Manual Set Up” by providing your name, selfie, email address, and birthdate. (If you are using the Auto Import function, Bindle can ingest QR codes from SMART Health Cards.) As a final step, you’ll be prompted to type in a verification code that is sent to your email address.
3. To upload your completed COVID-19 vaccination information including COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, go to My Certificates on your Bindle and tap the “+”* icon and follow the instructions to create a digital health certificate. QUICK TIP: When uploading your COVID-19 vaccination info, you only need to upload information for your latest shot.
*If for any reason you don’t see a “+” on the screen please reduce your “Screen Zoom” and “Font Size” in your phone’s “Display and Brightness” system settings.
4. Once you’ve uploaded the necessary certificates, go to My Passes on your Bindle, search for the TD Beach to Beacon and click Create Entry Pass.
5. If you meet the health requirements for entry, Bindle will generate an Entry Pass with your photo and QR code.
6. Present your Bindle health verification entry pass to the volunteers when you arrive at Packet Pickup.
• If you’re unable to use Bindle, you can pick up your packet by either showing your physical vaccination card or a photo of your card.
• When To Stay Home: If you or someone in your party are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (such as fever, a sore throat, chills, cough, shortness of breath, congestion, nausea, or vomiting) during race week, please help protect our community by decreasing the spread of COVID-19 and staying home.
• Stay Informed: Our policies are responding to and adapting with the science. COVID-19 protocols for attendance are based on current disease dynamics and CDC, state, and federal guidelines will be communicated to you in advance of the race.