Fast, point-to-point course along the Maine Coast.
The course is certified by the Road Running Technical Council of USA Track and Field:
- USATF Certificate number: ME17001RN
- Effective: 7/21/2017-12/31/2027
The Race Course
The Race begins in Cape Elizabeth near Crescent Beach State Park on Route 77. The road conditions are flat or a slight downhill slant.
The racers will proceed north and then bear right onto Old Ocean House Road, a narrow road that will rejoin Route 77. The road conditions are mixed, with downhills and a climb beginning at the halfway point of the race.
Racers will pass the town hall and turn right onto Shore Road, proceeding down the winding road approaching Fort Williams. The road conditions are mixed, with downhills predominating through Smugglers Cove. Then three climbing hills dominate the approach to Fort Williams.
At Fort Williams, the racer will enter through the Old Gate, following an uphill path around the old bunkers until they reach the top with its views of Casco Bay and the historic Portland Head Light.
- Start altitude is 50 feet above sea level
- Finish altitude is 25 feet above sea level
- Highest point on the course is 100 feet above sea level
- Lowest point on the course is 20 feet above sea level